Friday, November 07, 2014

Friday Finds and Follows: 7 November 2014



Last week, I skipped my Friday Finds and Follows post, as I felt like I hadn't made enough finds and follows to create a full post (I'm combining two weeks' worth in this post). Be looking next Tuesday for the return of Tuesday's Tips with an all-new article!

Note: Three major genealogical subscription websites have free access to all or part of their collections this weekend and/or through Veterans Day:

  • Ancestry has free access to its military collections through Veterans Day, Tuesday, November 11. (details)
  • ArkivDigital has free access to its entire website November 8 and 9 to celebrate Sweden's National Archives Day. (details)
  • FindMyPast has free access to its entire website this weekend. (details)


Articles and posts that caught my eye:

Alaska's Darned October 1867 by The Ancestry Insider - I was born and grew up in Alaska, but had never heard about this!

Tuesday's Tips: The Zen of Dropbox--Obey the Sync! by Thomas MacEntee at Geneabloggers

Some Thoughts on Ancestry Family Trees by TK at Before My Time

My Grandpa's "lost" WWII service medals by Chris at My Genealogical Adventures

Huge New King County, Washington, Database Unveiled by Dick Eastman at Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter

As the sun sets on the feast of All Souls by Lisa/Smallest Leaf at 100 Years in America 

Ancestry Doesn't Have All the Answers by Claudia C. Breland at Claudia C. Breland Genealogy and Online Research

A Fabulously Fantastic Surprise--Iver's Letter by Jana Last at Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog

It's Not Sharing by Judy G. Russell at The Legal Genealogist

The Best Genealogist Reversed the Wives by Barbara Poole at Life from the Roots

The Confederates Who Moved to Brazil by Dick Eastman at Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter

Want to Find Probate Records Online?--Here's How by Diane Hall at Michigan Family Trails


My New Genealogy Follows at Twitter:

@afamilyresearch, @Delagenealogie, @tataranietos, @WHGnews, @FindingMyPast, @NancyLa82588656, @ScotGenNet, @KathyNevin, @PQPublishing, @astratours, @UKCountertenor, @AmyBrawley, @Originsnetuk, @LegacyKeeper, @distant_kin, @Genealogist18, @CoolGenealogy, @irishmadegifts, @BordersAncestry


Genealogy Facebook Pages I've "Liked":

Follow Me

Check out my websites:


Online Historical Directories 



Pin It

No comments: