Saturday, November 17, 2012

Scanfest Postponed Until After the Holidays

Just a heads up on the state of Scanfest: I had originally considered hosting Scanfest on Sunday, November 18th, but I will not be available to do that tomorrow. Next weekend is Thanksgiving, and my plans are still up in the air, with the weather determining if I'll spend the holiday in the area or on the other side of the state. My Christmas plans are also indeterminate at this time, so I've decided to wait until January to host the next event, rather than make vacillating Scanfest dates.

In the meantime, as you spend time with your relatives over the holidays, be sure to ask if they have any old family photos you can borrow to scan...or if you have a portable scanner, such as the Flip-Pal, bring it along with you to scan on the spot. If you don't have a portable scanner, and are unable to borrow the photos, bring along a quality digital camera and take high-resolution photographs of the original images.

Enjoy your family time. I hope to see you on January 27th for our next Scanfest!

No comments: