Friday, October 10, 2008

Two New Books for My Wish List

Two genealogy books--both featuring using the Internet to help you trace your family tree--have recently been published, are available to purchase within the next week, and are both on my wish list (hint, hint, family members...the holidays are soon approaching)!

The first is Dan Lynch's Google Your Family Tree: Unlock the Hidden Power of Google. I've been aware for quite awhile that Dan was getting ready to publish this treasure, and I can't wait to try it out! I already use many features of Google as tools for my research, but I'm sure I'll find lots more search tips and techniques. This is the first book on Google that specifically targets using the search engine as a genealogy research tool. You can reserve your copy here.

The second book is The Everything Guide to Online Genealogy: A complete resource to using the Web to trace your family history by Kimberly Powell. I've been using Kimberly's The Everything Family Tree Book as an optional text/reference book for the Online Genealogy classes that I teach through the Community Colleges of Spokane. Although I haven't yet seen The Everything Guide to Online Genealogy, if it's half as good as her first one, then I'm going to have to add this to my list of recommended reading that I give each of my students!

Congratulations to Dan and Kimberly on their newly-published works!

2 comments:

Midge Frazel said...

As a techno-genealogist and the author of an upcoming book for educators on Goggle, this book is just want I need for my birthday gift. Yippeeee and thanks for the tip.

Kathryn Lake Hogan said...

Greetings Miriam,
Ooooo! These are perfect suggestions to add to my holiday wish list too. Thanks for sharing them with us.