Wednesday, April 25, 2007

April 2007 Scanfest is Coming!

The third monthly session of Scanfest is on its way, to be held this coming Sunday, April 29th. We will be meeting from 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM, P.D.T. on Windows Live Messenger.

First a little background on Scanfest: it's a time when genealogy fans can meet online to scan their precious family photos and papers and chat with other family historians. We have met twice so far (always the last Sunday of the month), and you can read all about it here.

If you would like to join us, you need two things: a Hotmail or Gmail account, and Windows Live Messenger downloaded to your computer (Mac users go here to download Microsoft Messenger for Mac). Although WLM states that it is compatible with Yahoo! e-mail accounts, we had difficulty adding Yahoo! users to our chat (perhaps ignorance on this blogger's part?). Once you have gotten set up, send me an e-mail (see my profile in the right-hand menu) and I'll add you to our chat list. You'll receive an invitation message from me in the e-mail account that you've set up for Messenger, and will need to verify that I can add you as a contact. My Messenger account is identical to my Gmail account, except that it's "@hotmail.com".

Hope to see you there!

4 comments:

Lee said...

I'll be there with bells on. :-)

Colleen said...

Oh Boy!Oh Boy!Oh Boy! I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I can't make it this time around. It's the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books this weekend. I'll try to set a date for the May one, which I'll also host in Gizmo Project for Voice Chat. :) (just had a family conference call using it yesterday and am blogging the techy coolness at my 2020 hindsight blog) Will make how-to movies and everything. But that way there's a date set so that when yall conclude, you know when the next one is.

Anonymous said...

Okay-- May one is May 20. I don't want to have it during Memorial Day weekend. Same time: 11 - 2. Pacific time.

I'll create a page and how-to-movie for Gizmo Project for it. It'll appear sometime next week.